back to the NLT page
The Intern Committee (IOC)
sign up to be part of the committee or contact Anne Jennen
Download our Intern Committee presentation here.
- Brings French Interns into French Immersion classrooms in Normandale Elementary School and Valley View Middle School.
- Is one of the operating divisions of the Normandale PTO, and also includes representatives from the Extended French Booster Club (EFBC) at Valley View.
- Is involved in decisions regarding all aspects of the interns
- Has responsibilities including, but not limited to,
- recruiting and matching interns and host families
- planning and implementation of intern orientation week prior to the beginning of schools
- planning group social and cultural opportunities
- creating and managing the budget
- communicating with families via La Liaison and The Valley Viewer
- working closely with interns to assist with coaching, support and problem solving to help make the year a positive experience for the intern, the school, and the host family
- The principal of Normandale Elementary School is the Responsible Officer of the French Intern Program.
Intern Site Coordinators
- Are hired by the PTO and EFBC to help with the general duties
- Provide support for the interns with regard to their school training experience
- Act as the interns’ first contact for any school training experience concerns
- Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to,
- the administration of intern semi-annual evaluations
- intern monthly meetings
Intern Education Coordinator
- Is hired by the PTO and EFBC to implement intern education curriculum as required under the J-1 visa training plan
- Hired by the PTO and EFBC to recruit and place interns in site location classrooms
- Recruit, interview, and screen candidates and invite candidates chosen to participate in the internship
- Communicate with interns and visa sponsoring organization to gather and submit all required documents
- Collaborate with school coordinators on recruiting and intern classroom placement