PTO Communications Policies
Do you have PTO news to share? Please review these guidelines.
La Liaison is the Normandale PTO newsletter, which is published every Friday during the school year. Those families who have agreed to receive electronic communication will receive the newsletter via e-mail.
La Liaison strives to:
- Be the primary source of information for Normandale families
- Keep families informed of current activities and events at Normandale and the Edina school district
- Disseminate information about Normandale policies and practices
- Celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of the Normandale community
- Promote volunteer opportunities and involvement in Normandale events.
La Liaison Content Policy:
- La Liaison will publish articles at the discretion of the School Advisory and Communications (SAC) leadership, in coordination with the newsletter editors. No items published will violate the established Edina School Board policies.
- La Liaison will publish articles directly related to Normandale and the Edina school district.
- Articles will be non-commercial, non-sectarian, and non-partisan in content. Sign-up notices for sports, scouting, or other similar student-related activities may be allowed.
- At the discretion of SAC leadership, in cooperation with La Liaison editors, the newsletter may include communications which may be of particular interest to and appropriate for the Normandale French Immersion community.
- All content is reviewed by a designated member of SAC leadership before publication.
All School Email Content Policy
The PTO maintains a list of parent e-mail addresses. It is extremely important this list remain private and be used only for PTO sponsored events and information. It is also important that we do not overuse or abuse this method of communication. For this reason, the SAC Exec Board reserves the right to edit e-mail or to deny forwarding of e-mail. Please use La Liaison as your primary communication tool when possible.
In order to prevent the overuse of email communications, the SAC will strive to limit all school email communications to one time per week. If an all school email has been sent or is scheduled to be sent during a certain week, the SAC may request to hold additional email requests until the following week. Please plan accordingly.