As a host family, you will gain friendship, understanding, knowledge and a connection to the French speaking world. You will experience new tastes and customs. Your children will learn from an international big sister or brother, which may benefit their own language studies. Host families provide voluntary room and board to one intern for half of the school year.
Download our Intern Timeline and Host Family FAQ to find out more about our process. Please contact Anne Jennen or Shannon Case if you have any questions. The Edina French Intern Program looks for 64 Host Families and 28 Partner Families each year. If you're interested in hosting or partnering, please sign up. Thank you!
- Room and board
- Integrating your intern into the community
- English help
- Home internet access
- Reasonable transportation
- Financial assistance
- Long distance phone calls
- Use of family car
- Family vacations
- Housing of visitors: family and friends
- Receive no financial compensation for hosting an intern.
- Interact with the intern as a member of the family and provide support and friendship.
- Look forward to an exchange of French and American culture in their home.