As a host family, you will gain friendship, understanding, knowledge and a connection to the world. You will experience new tastes and customs. Your children will learn from an international big sister or brother, which may benefit their own language studies. Host families Provide voluntary room and board to one intern for half of the school year.
Download our Intern Timeline and Intern Facts to find out more about our process. Please contact Anne Jennen or Shannon Case if you have any questions. The Edina French Intern Program looks for 60 Host Families and 25 Partner Families each year. If you're interested in hosting or partnering, please sign up. Thank you!
- Room and Board
- Reasonable Transportation
- Integrating Your Intern into the Community
- English Help
- Reasonable Computer Usage
- Home Internet access that doesn’t tie up the phone line
- Financial Assistance
- Long Distance Phone Calls
- Use of Family Car
- Family Vacations
- Housing of Visitors: Family and Friends
- Medical Insurance
- Receive no financial compensation for hosting an intern.
- Interact with the intern as a member of the family and provide support and friendship.
- Look forward to an exchange of French and American culture in their home.
- Represent the wonderful diversity of American culture…working parents, single parents, families with stay-at-home moms or dads, families with young children, older children, one child or many children.