A partner family...
- Partners with one intern.
- Is the intern’s “extended family” during their stay in the U.S.
- Acts as a support team for both the intern and their host families.
- Offers more opportunities for the intern to experience American culture and create friendships
Realistic expectations include...
- Engaging in social activities with their intern at least twice per month.
- Spending family time together with their intern.
- providing support for the for their intern by providing transportation
- Occasional support for the intern transportation needs.
- Coordinates with the host family in regards to scheduled events when necessary.
Unrealistic expectations include...
- Sole reliance on the partner family for the intern’s transportation needs.
- Financial assistance.