As a Partner family, you will spend time with one Intern at least monthly throughout the school year.
A partner family...
- partners with one intern for the full school year.
- is the intern’s “extended family” during their stay in the U.S.
- acts as a support team for both the intern and their host families
- offers more opportunities for the intern to experience American culture and create friendships
Realistic expectations include...
- engaging in social activities with their intern
- spending family time together with their intern
- providing support for the for their intern by providing transportation
- spending time with the intern 2 or more times per month
- contact with the host family in regards to scheduled events
Unrealistic expectations include...
- sole reliance on the partner family for the intern’s transportation needs
- financial assistance